I’ve found myself flumping on the sofa throughout the day, completely energy zonked. So I set a challenge for myself to change it up, and am loving the effects.
- Work in different spots around the home. Rotate seats. Think of it, similar to how you seek inspiration by going to different cafes to get fresh energy, tasty snacks and good cappuccinos (sad...😢). I did my first “stand up” meeting today, where I put my laptop on the fireplace and moved away from my usual spot at the kitchen table.
- Wake up and do something different each day. Instead of starting every day with the same old smoothie, and willing myself to do some form of exercise, I’ve been trying new routines. On Monday I made hot chocolate on the stove, on Tuesday I had toasted banana bread with butter, and today I made smoothie bowls. Trust me it feels good.
- Use different materials. A different coloured pen, a different notebook.
- Move it, move it. Why walk to the fridge when you can dance to the fridge?! Or like me, dance with your dog to a disco playlist.
- Change your outfit up. Get rid of the clothes you don’t need. I have been wearing gym gear every day. Yesterday, I wore the same tracksuit as I’d worn the day before which was a real low point so that’s why I have jeans on today and a sharp WFH outfit. 💁